I can't believe it. After two turbulent years of ups and downs and I'm back here in Blogger again.
I read through my entries in this blog again, and I can't believe that was how I sounded two years ago when I was that raw 16-year-old teenager fussing over hair loss and proclaiming my love for my school merely because of a now-seemingly-meaningless short-lived orientation I went through.
And I can't believe how FRANK I'd used to be in the past writing blog posts. Yes it IS shocking for me. I've been so used to withholding stuff when blogging during these two years that I never realised I've gone through such a drastic change in me. Life in NJ has made a thick barrier around me that I'm trying hard to demolish right now. I'm looking forward to life in university; a new beginning, a new environment, and my first step over the threshold of adulthood. And hopefully, I'll be a changed person again; now not negatively, but for the better, and I hope I won't let my friends down on that.
I went to Botanical Gardens with Angela today. And there we sat in the old pavilion, reminiscing our past and spoke about our lives and chatted till the sky was dark. We never stopped talking, and time seemed to pass unusually faster. Angela, you're the only one I can pour my soul out to and I am very very thankful for having you as my friend! I hope our friendship stays this way till the end of time!
There once used to be a time where I was irked merely by the sound of boisterous laughter and I discovered how gravely wrong was the perspective I had chosen to view the world in. It's time for me to be optimistic and be grateful that I am breathing and living as a normal and healthy human being and having shelter above my head and wearing clothes that shield me from the chilly wind. Injustice will never die away in this world, but I know better than to dwell on it because there are more things out there for me to cherish and love.
This is the world I'm living in, and I will make the best of it.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment