Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Perfectionistic Attitude

Now finally here's the end of the 1st semester of my life in NTU. 14 weeks have passed, so stealthily and so swiftly quick at the same time but I can't say they have all passed in vain. Many things have happened within these 14 weeks and I don't think if I listed them all out it would seem like everything happened just within 3 odd months.

But anyway, the semester's not exactly ended yet, what I meant previously was just about not having anymore lectures and tutorials, and I excluded the final examinations, which starts next wednesday for me.

Examinations are an exciting part of uni life. Ask me personally why if you believe me.

But examinations aren't the most important things in life. Neither are the little tests or common tests or quizzes or whatever you call them.

So I've always tried convincing the people around me (AND myself) about that. We shouldn't be having this perfectionistic attitude and try to get perfect results because we, as human beings, aren't perfect, and expecting perfection from yourself is only going to disappoint you. There is simply no point brooding over poor results (and of course you know the reason why) and that is a sign of being unable to accept your own weaknesses.

By perfect results, I don't mean 100%. If you're trying to achieve 100% for all your tests then I guess you're just sick. haha.

Perfectionists can't tolerate flaws. Realists accept them and if possible change them for the better. Are you a perfectionist or a realist?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm none.